Monday, January 25, 2010

Tripp Trapp Cushion



My son and I adore the Tripp Trapp, the only part of this fantastic chair that disappoints is the cushion. We even forked out for the 'Premium' one because it had laminated fabric thinking it would be easier to keep clean, which it is compared to our other Stokke one which is linen, the major property of which seems to be an amazing ability to absorb any food consumed nearby.

So essentially to keep the chair clean you either need several cushions or to use it without one at all. Enter my new TT cushion, sporting some new and very cute $3.99/meter Ikea fabric, with foam the whole thing cost less than $9 and took an afternoon; good deal compared to $90 for a Stokke one. ;)

I plan on making more so will try to do a tute with another but really it is quite easy. Using Easytrace I copied the Stokke cushions, the key to the construction is that the front seam of the seat base & bottom seam of the seat back are over-locked closed after sewn together.

3 comments:

MG said...

Can you post your tutorial and a pattern for the cushion. I don't have one to draw around, and I don't want to buy an official cushion set, as I want to select my own fabric. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Please send me the pattern Karina.adams89@gmail.com much appreciated!! Thank you

Chandra said...

Can you share the pattern and tutorial please? Thank you!

clownes13@yahoo.com